Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Schooled - Week of January 20

// Predict what will happen next //
Pages read: 0 - 79

    After reading the first 12 chapters of the book, I think that there are so many different ways that the book can run now because of how bizarre it has been. In the last chapter that I read, it was in Hugh Winkleman's point of view, and Hugh used to be the biggest loser in the school before Cap Anderson came. The chapter start rout by Hugh saying that he felt really guilty because he feels good that the popular kids in his school have stopped bullying him and have now moved on to spending their time bullying Cap. In the end of that chapter, the bus driver has a heart attack and Cap takes the wheel and drives the bus, with students in it to a hospital, while cops are chasing the bus. From just that, I predict that at first Cap will get into major trouble, not only fro driving when he's a minor but because there was a line of policemen chasing after him. I believe that Cap will spend some time in jail and then the kids will have a completely different perspective on him. I believe that the kids will now praise Cap, because what he did was. in fact, very heroic.

    Since Cap's first day of school, I believe that he has been trying to just fit in and try to understand all of the new concepts that he had never heard of in Garland. For example, Cap had never seen TV, or even heard of it because in his old town, Garland, the electricity was provided through a generator that barely had enough power to illuminate the lights inside the house. I think that he is now getting the hang of everything. I believe that when his grandmother, Rain, gets out of the hospital, he won't want to be homeschooled again, because of all of the new experiences. I predict that Cap will actually have one more friend than Hugh Winkleman because of how much he is actually evolving and starting to fit in.

    One character in the book that I really believe the book will focus on more is Naomi Erlange. Naomi is part of the popular clique in school and she is basically one of the masterminds behind all of the pranks played on Cap. Naomi is now realizing that Cap is a really cool person and she is starting to feel guilty about everything that she has done, but she "can't" stop because all of the pranks that she is pulling, is to impress her crush, Zach. I predict that Naomi will finally stop harassing Cap and stand up for herself and Cap. Naomi comes off as a very intelligent character that just wants to fit in, but I think that maybe Zach will want to pull a prank that crosses the line and Naomi will stop it, even though she likes Zach. I think that in the next few chapters, Cap and Naomi will start to talk more and eventually became really close friends.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Comments: Forgetting, The Fallen Angel, and Murder

3 comments:

  1. It is crazy how much you read this week! I only managed to get to the fourth chapter in my book. I agree what cap did, but I don't think he will get into trouble for it. I think he will be seen as a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete